Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Everything I Think I Need

Friends - check
Money - check
Well-slept - check
Opposite sex - check
Guitar - check
Microphone - check
Messages waiting on me when I come home - check
-John Mayer

Ok so its not exactly like that for me. Right now it would be

Friends - check
Money - uncheck
Well-slept - uncheck
Opposite sex - uncheck
Guitar - check
Microphone - uncheck
Messages waiting on me when I come home - uncheck

Dang, that's only 2 of them. Despite all this, I am happy. I don't know why. I had an impression this last week that I have everything I need in my life to be happy right now. That was a bit unsettling, because there are lots of things I think I need, but it did bring peace knowing that I'm where I need to be. Not that I still don't want some of those things, and not that I should stop trying to get some of those things, but for now, everything is where it should be. So life is happy!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay for self-realization and double yay for John Mayer! You're amazing, brother! Glad you're happy. I'm happy too! (Though, secretly, I think you'd be happier if you had some piping hot bran muffins right about now!)

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

I'm glad your happy!

scottand jennyjenson said...

Devon!! I found your blog!! Fun!!
I'm so happy to hear you are happy!! :) You are awesome!

Katy said...

Ha ha ha, at first I thought "You go, Devon!" when I was reading the first part...and then realized it was John Mayer. Good one. But I'm glad you're doing well! It was fun seeing you at good ol' Glenview the other week. -Sniff- I miss that ward :)