Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pre- Colored Easter Eggs!!!!!

We have had a bit of fun recently. A few weeks after I got home from my mission we bought some chickens, and in the past few weeks they have started laying eggs. We get some brown eggs, but we also get green ones. I though it was pretty cool to get Easter Eggs that we didn't even have to dye. We are trying to get our chickens to lay some more exciting colors, but they don't seem to listen. Here's a pic.

I put a normal store bought egg to show the difference in size and color. Its been a lot of fun going out to find eggs everyday.

I went with my dad up to Snowflake on conference weekend.

We went to spend some time with my grandpa, and also to pick up an old truck that we bought from him. It gets to be Marc's wheels before his mission. He just has to learn how to drive stick. Heck, I don't even know how to drive stick.

Also another funny moment. Zane, the dog that became my replacement when I left on my mission, got a hair cut this weekend. My mom hired some lady to come do it. Well, I came home to find this.

What is that hideous thing on his neck. Kind of pathetic for a boy dog, I know. I told my mom that even if he was fixed, he still needed to maintain some sort of manhood. But she thought it was "cute." I hate that dreaded word. Well, that has been my life recently. Nothing too exciting, but hey, that's how it goes.

3 comments:

Brad_Ida_Rachel said...

From Bro. Brad Anderson,

Hello Devon,

Good stuff on your blog! I love the wild west photo and your comments about Zane and his "bow." It is a fact of life that women want turn men into them...sort of.

M said...

Awh cute Zane. Devon when are we gonna do a double date?

JaimieA said...

Haha I didn't know you had chickens?! Yay we always had them and it was weird at first the color of their eggs!!!