Thursday, January 21, 2010

Epic Fail!

So, there was this one time there was a boy who's name was Devon. And Devon had a blog. And he never used it. Yeah, I am a failure, but contrary to popular belief, I am not dead! Life is absolutely crazy! Seriously nuts! So a little recap of the last hmm... 8 months or so since I last wrote. Well summer came around and I decided I wanted to be in a show again, so I went and auditioned at Chandler-Gilbert Community College for Guys & Dolls. One of my personal favorites. I had the privilege of playing the part of Benny Southstreet. He is one of the gamblers in the show. It was lots of fun. I met lots of new friends, and met up with some old ones. It turned out to be a great show, but it was over all to fast. I continued to work all summer for Sunrise Health and Hospice. It was great. I finished up another semester while working. And now its a new year, and I am doing program through Rio Salado for Chemical Dependency Counseling. I am really excited about that. I am learning how incredibly hard it is for me to stare at a computer screen for extended period of time though. 2 weeks ago I lost my job. The hospice I was working for just lost a bunch of patients or something, and since I was part time they decided to just pull all my patients from me and give them to the full time people. So I didn't get fired, but I am not working, and that kind of sucks. But I guess it is just time to find something else. Maybe something better that I wouldn't have even been looking for. Needless to say, job hunting sucks though! That's about it though. Nothing to earth shattering, but I like it that way. Life is good! The weather has been great lately, so I can't complain! And maybe since I am sitting so much in front of a computer now I will be able to write on here more often. No promises, but we'll see!

2 comments:

Lisa Payne said...

hooray to both of us for updating our blogs!!! we're awesome!

Bren + Lucy said...

An inspirational story of vuilnerability and overcoming adversity
thanks for having the courage to share

Mentoring Life Coach
Sober Blog
Self Help Recovery
Twelve Step Books

All the best
for the future
Bren